Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Quest Continues - P90X

WARNING: PICTURES YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE BELOW MAY SCAR YOU FOR LIFE (or not), IT MAY BE DAYS BEFORE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DIGEST AND PROCESS SOLID FOODS.


I have been “working out” since 2/18/09, in those earlier days “working out” consisted of walking around while carrying 8 lb dumb bells doing curls, military presses etc. More recently, I have been using 20 lb dumb bells, doing push ups and running 6-8 miles per day. So, I thought I was in decent shape….as it turned out, I wasn’t as fit as I thought I was. After (3) months of working out 5-7 days a week I had reached what I feel, is a good weight for me, 180 lbs. I still have fat that I need to turn into muscle and towards that end, I started using P90X. It is a fitness system (with nutrition and workouts) that you often see on late night infomercials. 

Before I go further, I need to insert this paragraph. Perry (ex co-worker) was upset because I had not mentioned his name thus far in the blog. He felt that he had played a critical role in my improved fitness and deserved at least a mentioning. To be honest, he’s absolutely correct. He had been pushing me to diet and get fit for years, especially in the last year and he has been great at helping to keep me motivated. Perry was the first to mention P90X to me and at the time I said “no” because I thought it would be too much of an increase in intensity for me. His advice did help me get fit because I’d pick up pointers from watching the infomercials and implement them into my workouts. I felt that I was in decent shape and ready for the real deal, thanks Perry!!!!

 Ok, enough about Perry and how great he is, blah blah blah. LOL! 

Yesterday was day one – all I can say is WOW! it was intense BUT, you can do the workouts at your own pace. For example, the day 1 routine’s video is about 55 minutes long, my session took over 1 ½ hrs and it pushed me pretty hard. The session was divided into two sections Chest/Back and Abs. Both sections pushed me but the ab section…I could barely complete half the repetitions…but that is ok. The goal is to establish a base line and strive to improve.

As part of the “process” I needed to create “BEFORE PICS” – you have been warned, viewing these pictures may scar you for life, it may be weeks before you can digest solid food. The P90X program lasts for 90 days so I will post the 30-60-90 day pics here as well.

Enjoy the pics....I know you will!  J



No comments:


Reprogram Your Genes to Burn Fat

ShareThis