Friday, August 7, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again….I’m Back


Wednesday morning my leg and back injuries were feeling pretty good but I continued stretching periodically during the day. Last night I felt real good….so much so I ran some sprints…not "all out" 100% SPRINTS, I definitely did NOT run Tabata Sprints. I took it relatively easy but it sure did feel good running hard again.

I was not sure how this “plan of action” would play out. After I cooled down last night from my sprints, I still felt good. This morning, woke up and felt fantastic! No lower back nor leg pains. Performed my Yoga X routine which as you can guess…has a lot of stretching etc and I felt like a million bucks afterward.

Steve is once again stoked and “back in the saddle again”, enjoy this song from Aerosmith.

I had forgotten how great this song is...it used to be a song I'd play over and over and over....



I was going to add a picture of a rough and tough cowboy riding his horse….but when I googled the term and saw this…I had to post it....



Daily Activities

As I get closer to the end, I am really trying to watch what I eat. Not necessarily to make sure that I do not eat too much…but more so to make sure I eat enough. Therefore I am attempting to track my meal plan more closely and will try to report them daily.


Grub

Snack – pecans and blueberries

Breakfast - 3 eggs, collard greens

Early Lunch - meal replacement shake & whey protein

Late Lunch - meal replacement shake & whey protein

Dinner - 4 oz fish, chicken breast and stir fry veggies

Snack - Pecans and blueberries

Workout of the Day: Yoga X



Heart Rate Monitor my new toy.

I purchased a new toy the other day, a heart rate monitor. I bought it to compare workouts and to see how they stacked up with each other as far as the cardio was concerned. I also wore the unit while I ran sprints last night. As I become more and more comfortable with the use of the device I’ll give more details.

Heart rate is used to determine several things including estimated calories burned during a given period of time.

** This blogging software does not handle formatted text very well. It handles Excel data even worse. I am having to "force the format", not my preferred method. Hopefully you can make sense of the info. Basically I am reporting my maximum heart rate for each routine, dividing it by 172 to arrive at the Heart Rate percentage.


------------------------Max HR------HR
Activity----------------Exercise-------%

Sprinting----------------153---------88%

Plyometrics--------------147---------85%

Arms and Shoulders------123--------75%

Notes:

1) The sprints were not “all out” 100% effort, if I had to guess I would say 90%. I was pretty close as the estimate equaled 88%.

2) Plyometrics is a P90X workout with a lot of cardio including squats and lunges.

3) Arm and Shoulders is mainly a “pulling” workout, with curls and flys the predominant activity.

4) My Maximum Heart Rate is estimated by subtracting my age from 220 which equals 172, this is a common formula for the estimate but there are other formulae.

5) Final Note: Plyometrics and Shoulder & Arms readings were taken, on days that I was still experiencing some health issues. It will be interesting to see how the data changes now that I am 100%.

Questions, comments or suggestions….let me know.


Steve

No comments:


Reprogram Your Genes to Burn Fat

ShareThis