Thursday, August 13, 2009

Who Came to Visit???…the countdown begins!



Today is Day 81 with P90X, only 9 days left ...the countdown begins.

My excitement level could not be higher, this 90 day quest for improved fitness is nearing an
end. I don't think there is any doubt that I am in the best total shape, in my life.

I am:
  • playing basketball with guys half my age.
  • doing more push ups than I thought was possible.
  • running sprints for the first time in decades

....and that's just for starters. :)

This is NOT about bigger muscles or any of that "phoney baloney" stuff, it's about fitness.

There are MANY who are stronger, faster, etc than I am but you know what...I don't care. To me, it's not where you are it's where you came from. Six months ago, I was a fat, sedentary garbage disposal...today I am not. That is what matters the most...that I improve my fitness everyday through diet and / or exercise.


Who came to Visit?

It’s bad enough that my family and friends stop by the house daily wanting me to “pull up my shirt” for a preview but now local media is calling and parking outside in front of the house.

Look, it's not that I don't mind showing people my progress because I want to do whatever I can to motivate others...but it is getting a little old. Not only does it require more and more of my time but ....it does seem to be degrading. I guess it's true....we all have our burdens to bear or is it bare.


As I am trying to finish this post for the last time, I hear some voices and then the door bell rings….AGAIN! I am getting irritated with these people who just drive up and expect to talk with you.

I pull back the blinds to get a sneak peak outside and YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE WHO IS AT MY FRONT DOOR!! ....it’s Bill O’Reilly and Courtney Friel from FOX! WOW!

I run to the bathroom to check my appearance when I hear Tammy calling me. I yell back at her, "I KNOW, I KNOW I'll get the door!".



Wait a minute, there’s a train coming…and I hear
Tammy’s voice calling my name again and yet,
at the same time she’s pushing me onto the railroad tracks!!! What the….


“steve, steve, Steve, STEVE!”, Tammy yells ever louder.

“what do you want, Bill O’Reilly’s here to see me.” I reply as I comb my blond, shoulder length hair with my fingers.

“Steve…you are dreaming again…get up and fix breakfast…I HAVE to go to work”, she says very sweetly…

“Well what about Courtney? Is she here?” I ask, as I come out of a deep sleep.

“NO!, no one is here but me and the boys, NOW GET UP!” She replies with the softness of a blacksmith’s anvil crashing onto my head…and dreams.

“yes dear, whatever you say dear” and another day begins. :)


Breakfast of Champions!

I’ve been eating a lot of eggs and collards for breakfast lately so I decided to give myself a break from those items.

Today, I had a hand full of pecans and then ate some canned Bumble Bee Mackerel…I have learned to LOVE that stuff. It’s tasty, it’s inexpensive and it is packed with good fats and much protein.

Along with that I made some slaw with Virgin Olive Oil (no mayo) and I warmed up some leftover green beans. These are home grown and canned green beans from my dad. I added a piece of bacon and cooked these last night….hmmm good!


P90X WOD (Workout Of the Day) = YOGA X, sprints later if I feel like it.


Have a great day,

Steve


No comments:


Reprogram Your Genes to Burn Fat

ShareThis