Friday, August 7, 2009

Balancing Act



When I first started on this quest, (oh no, when Steve talks like this …it’s soapbox time…), I was obese, recently
diagnosed with Diabetes, had high blood pressure and high cholesterol…. other than that my health was great! LOL!

Other than those minor details...I was a “picture of health”. I know this to be the case because I looked up “health” in the dictionary…IT
HAD MY PICTURE IN THERE beside the word “health”!!!! Can you believe it!?

I was more than a little surprised by this; I read the caption below the picture, it said, “we do not know what “health” looks like….but we do know what it doesn’t look like, so here is Steve Cooksey's picture!”

….now that was a slap in the face, let me tell you!

…getting back to why I am writing this post….when I first started I had a single, simple yet difficult task….LOSE WEIGHT and the faster the better!

Why? Everything I read said that if you lose weight it will help with insulin resistance, blood pressure and cholesterol. So I lost weight, from 212 to 185 lbs fairly quickly. At that point, I noticed that despite the fact that I was lifting weights I wasn’t getting noticeably stronger. I knew that the more muscle I could add would help in two ways, add strength and burn fat.

Problem is, I don’t want to be 150 lb “fit” guy….no one wants their wife to out weight them…oooops, did I say that out loud!! :) Just kidding, Tammy doesn’t quite way 150 lbs…yet.

So I have been performing a balancing act, walking a tight rope for really the entire stretch of my P90X workout. If my goal was to only add muscle, I’d eat more and not worry so much about my weight.

If my goal was to lose weight, I’d stick to the nutrition plan and go through the motion and I’d easily be 5-10 lbs lighter right now. But…I want it all…a lean yet stronger body. Thus far I can say that I have been somewhat successful, I’ve lost some weight but continue to add strength every week.


MY NEXT P90X SESSION = P90X II


BTW, after this P90X workout, it ends in 2 ½ weeks, I am taking a couple of weeks off and starting another session on 9/07/09.

If you or someone you know would be interested in working out a day or two a week with me, please let me know.

Have a great weekend and be safe…remember, I can’t afford to lose any readers due to unnatural or natural causes… :)


Steve

No comments:


Reprogram Your Genes to Burn Fat

ShareThis