Friday, June 19, 2009

Don’t Fear the Reaper

1) Quick summary:

Yesterday was the four month anniversay from my hospital discharge. My life has really changed in the last four months. I am getting closer and closer to my fitness goals. Progress has slowed these days as I am eating alot of calories due to my P90X training, I definitely do not want to lose any more weight. I weigh each morning and I am in the 174-176 lb range.

Gone are the days when the pounds were seemingly melting away. I am now in the methodical "earth moving phase". Moving a hill from my stomach/waist area to my chest, back and arms.... moving hills takes time and effort.

2) Don’t Fear the Reaper – by Blue Oyster Cult is a top 50 coolest song ever.

You can hear the song by clicking on the link below. If you have not signed up for blip.fm yet, you should IMHO. It is a really cool way to share music. It’s my new free toy.

Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper Shared via AddThis

What the heck does this have to do with Fitness you ask????

If you want to put off the Grim Reaper for as long as possible…then you need to obtain and then maintain proper fitness. :)

3) P90X - Completed Core Synergistics today, this is only my second time on this workout…but it is my favorite thus far. It works all the muscles and gives you a heavy dose of cardio as well. I jogged 6 miles last night…I ain’t running today. Saturday I have Yoga X, Sunday is my rest day so Sunday night I should have more updates as to my goal progress.

Lastly, I will be posting my 30 day pics on Tuesday. This will give you a chance to make fun of them…you better laugh while you can, day 60 and day 90…you won’t be laughing. :)

Have a great and safe weekend. Tammy and I are going to a free concert at Duke Power tonight, the Charlotte Orchestra will be performing….it starts at 8:15…I should be asleep by 8:30. :)

This is a picture of the Nuclear Power Plant's Hot Hole. Not sure why they call it the "hot hole" ...but I've caught and eaten some nice 3 eyed carp. LOL!


Steve

No comments:


Reprogram Your Genes to Burn Fat

ShareThis