Saturday, July 4, 2009

Born on the 4th of July?

This video demonstrates how we can live long fulfilling lives…a tongue in cheek look.

It is FUNNY!



World's Oldest Neurosurgeon Turns 100



Reader : Steve, what’s up with the sudden increase in tongue references, yesterday you said “hold your tongue” and today “tongue in cheek”.

Steve: They are no longer suppressed…OK, I’ll shut up now.


---

Question: What was born on the 4th of July.... A REVOLUTION!

Happy 4th of July…Happy Independence Day.

It seems that people, myself included are in the habit of saying things like, “Happy 4th of July” or “Happy 4th”.


Now I am NOT one of those people that believe we are “lazy” speakers and it’s ruining our language and culture, etc…but we are lazy communicators, texting and tweeting have made that obvious. My concern is not with the brevity of our communication but making sure that we remember the meaning behind them, specifically the July 4th holiday.

In case you were not aware, it is our Independence Day, a Revolution was born that day! (I know you could make an argument for July 2). I am not going to give a history lesson but if you have not seen the HBO Mini-series “John Adams” you should. It brought home to me the real life, real world experiences our founding fathers (and mothers) endured. Without their sacrifices we would not have the liberty and freedoms we enjoy today.

In those times ----life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness….really meant something.

SO…HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Click here for a copy of our Declaration of Independence

Take care and be safe!


Steve

PS - I don’t really care if you are safe …or not. It’s just that I have so few readers…I can’t afford to lose even one!

No comments:


Reprogram Your Genes to Burn Fat

ShareThis