Saturday, July 18, 2009

Why Cry Over Spilled Coffee…

I meant to get this blog post out earlier but… my coffee cup spilled over onto the keyboard. It made a big mess that I had to clean up, wires hissing ….

…forget I mentioned anything about spilling coffee…

Just kidding…I am still “coffee or caffeine free!”….I did experience some headaches yesterday but hey…a head that looks like mine should hurt once in awhile…am I right?

Quiting coffee (and caffeine) turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it would be. All that whining and hand wringing was for nothing…what a baby. LOL! I can't help but think that my improved fitness contributed to the ease of the withdrawal symptoms.

P90X - Update

Today (7/18/09) is important for several reasons to me.

1) It marks the 5th month since I was discharged from the hospital.


On 2/18/09 :

· Weight = 212 lbs, BMI = Obese
· Blood Pressure = 150/90
· High Cholesterol
· Diagnosed with diabetes
· Medications: Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Cholesterol & Insulin 4 shots per day


On 7/18/09

· Weight = 169 , lost 43 lbs and BMI = Normal
· Blood Pressure = 112 / 67
· Cholesterol = Normal
· Diabetes is in check
· Medications: -0- MEDS, -0- INSULIN….just clean living. LOL! I do take whey protein and two meal replacement shakes daily.

2) Another reason this day is important, it marks the end of Block II for P90X!

Monday I will start my 3rd Block, 5 weeks until the Finish Line!

P90X has Three Blocks and within each Block there is an Adaptive/Mastery Phase and a Recovery Phase. The last week of each phase is a “Recovery Phase”, this week has higher cardio and less pushing/pulling. Purpose is to allow your muscles to recover and heal.

Blocks 1 & 2 are 4 Weeks; Block 3 is 5 Weeks in length.

Muscle Confusion: This is the key in developing strength and aids in eliminating the “plateau” affect. Each Block has its own workout sequence and selections.

Goals and 60 Day Pics

I typically update my goals on Sunday but I am NOT going to do that this week.

My 60 days are up on Thursday so I will post my 60 Day Pictures and do the GOAL Updates at the same time. This way…I’ll see where I am and where I need to be….


…WITH ONE MONTH TO GO!


THANKS AND APPRECIATION


Lastly, but certainly not least…I want to thank everyone who has motivated, cheered and jeered me. :) You have all been a huge help. It seems that just when I was down and needed a lift, someone would call, email or send me a twitter message. (I refuse to say “twit”.)

This “race” isn’t over yet and I have 35days to go, but like I told someone the other day. “If I had to quit now, it has been worth it”.


Sincerely,

Steve

No comments:


Reprogram Your Genes to Burn Fat

ShareThis