Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth














More WEIGHT LOSS ..... (yawn).......down to 167 lbs...(yawn).

Why am I no longer concerned about weight loss?

While I do continue to lose weight, I am also still getting stronger.

I lifted more weight with bicep curls today than I've done in my life ...combined! JUST KIDDING ABOUT the "combined" comment. just checking to see if you were reading for comprehension!

SO, I am losing weight and I continue to strengthen ...that's a combo that I am comfortable with.


Squash Noodles Recipe

Speaking of combos, I tried a simple change to an age old recipe...AND IT WAS AWESOME!

BRIEF RECAP: Once I started becoming fit...I greatly reduced my carbs but I was still eating legumes and All Bran cereal almost daily. Also, I occasionally would eat whole grain pasta, whole grain breads and rice. I have reduced them all ...my goal is to only receive carbs from vegetables. I am still adhering to the Low Glycemic Index...just more stringent than their general guidelines.

In the past I would eat whole grain pasta which is better for us than regular pasta, but my sugar would still increase some. In other words, it still has a lot of carbs...just not as many AND the fiber from the whole grains is supposed to slow the assimilation of the carbs into your system.

BUT I FOUND A RECIPE ANYONE CAN USE TO REDUCE CARBS YET ENJOY A TRADITIONAL DISH with a twist.

I used squash noodles with my spaghetti sauce, I followed this recipe...IT WAS TASTY!


Low Carb Pasta Substitute |
Mark's Daily Apple http://ow.ly/ixrE

I followed the cooking instructions but not the prep...as you can see...I used a knife to slice the squash....got in a hurry and cut them too thick...but they still tasted great.

I know the picture of just squash may look like french fries...I assure you it's yellow squash. :)

I could eat the squash by itself, they were so delicious when cooked by the recipe. They were heated with virgin olive oil and minced garlic....hmmm.



Be good,

Steve

No comments:


Reprogram Your Genes to Burn Fat

ShareThis