Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cooksey Cough

P90X Update

I just realized this, today marks another P90X Milestone...I am half way home to completing the 90 day workouts. The days and weeks are flying by now. After this week I will have a Recovery Week to look forward to, which is somewhat easier than the standard push or pull workout weeks.

YES! the workouts are still tough and I still sweat...er....perspire as much as I did orginally. As noted early on, the workouts should not get any easier. As you become stronger you will be able to do more reps or lift more weight...and that is what you should do to receive the full benefits of the workouts.

---

Steve's Fat Pics

In a recent post, I had requested "fat pictures" of Steve...that's me. Well, the number of pictures I received was underwelming. Luckily I was able to dig a couple out myself...that's one way to put it. As you can clearly see...I've come a long way. :)
---

The Cooksey Cough?

Over the last several years, as I gained weight…I also had an increasingly troublesome problem with a cough. In fact, about 18 months ago, the oxygen level in my blood was so low, a doctor told me that if my blood oxygen level went any lower, I’d have to be hospitalized.

I was told then that I was Asthmatic…but to keep from being labeled as having Asthma, the doctor did me a favor and called it …

...“Episodic Asthmatic Attacks”

My condition eventually improved but not before taking a narcotic cough suppressant whose street name was "Liquid Gold", yes, you read that correctly, it was such a strong narcotic...it had a street name. I was also prescribed steroids, antihistamines and antibiotics. As I said, I was finally able to overcome my bout with pneumonia or walking pneumonia or was it bronchitis…no wait it was Episodic Asthmatic Attacks…they never really knew what my affliction was…

….what about calling it …. fat guy that needed to lose weight???

You see…since I lost weight by eating properly and exercising…my cough has disappeared, vanished without a trace. I guess I need to add that to my resume of health improvements.

Man beats Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Hypertension and “Episodic Asthmatic Attacks” by exercising and eating nutritionally! :)

I should probably “knock on wood”, while I have them beaten at the moment, I will have to be resolute and continue this fight for the rest of my life. This is a life long war…battles have been won and lost on both sides thus far.


Take care all,

Steve

No comments:


Reprogram Your Genes to Burn Fat

ShareThis